Tuesday, July 31, 2007

...so this is it...

Alrighty...I think this is going to be my last post in Sierra Leone in 2007! The year has absolutely flown by and I'm sad to go. I'm going to miss my friends here. I am, however, looking forward to spending some good time with my friends and family from home who I have missed and appreciated while I've been away. Only 12 more days and I'm back in Canada!

I leave Freetown at 6pm on Friday - I take a Hoovercraft to Lungi Airport which takes about an hour and a half, and then need to go through baggage check etc. once at the airport. My flight out of Sierra Leone doesn't actually leave until 10:30pm, so depending on how quickly things go I may have some time to kill (aka. bawl my eyes out) in Lungi Airport. It's what I've always dreamed about.
I don't actually know what time my flight gets into Gatwick...it doesn't say on my ticket...maybe the flight is like 6 or 7 hours? At any rate, I get to London on the 4th and then will be traveling around for a week and finally flying out of Scotland.

For the curious, I'm flying in from Glasgow, Scotland on Zoom Airlines flight #723 and arrive at Pearson's Terminal 3 at 5pm on August 12th. And then I begin the grand adventure of living in Canada! I hear it snows there!
I'm looking forward to living in an igloo again.
And eating moose-meat.
************************************************************************************

High we exalt thee, realm of the free;
Great is the love we have for thee;
Firmly united ever we stand,
Singing thy praise, O native land.
We raise up our hearts and our voices on high,
The hills and the valleys re-echo our cry;
Blessing and peace be ever thine own,
Land that we love, our Sierra Leone.

One with a faith that wisdom inspires,
One with a zeal that never tires;
Ever we seek to honour thy name
Ours is the labour, thine the fame.
We pray that no harm on thy children may fall,
That blessing and peace may descend on us all;
So may we serve thee ever alone,
Land that we love our Sierra Leone.

Knowledge and truth our forefathers spread,
Mighty the nations whom they led;
Mighty they made thee, so too may we
Show forth the good that is ever in thee.
We pledge our devotion, our strength and our might,
Thy cause to defend and to stand for thy right;
All that we have be ever thine own,
Land that we love our Sierra Leone.



2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone else notice that Emily talks about this Hoovercraft thingy she always rides. A boat-type vehicle made by a vacuum company. Oh wait, no, just a spelling mistake. Em, I think it's spelled 'hovercraft'!

Love ya!
JK

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm still laughing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home