Saturday, June 23, 2007

...Done Like Dinner...

Hello! And greetings from my dining room table, where I am currently sitting using my new housemate's internet connection. She went upcountry for a few days and left me her laptop and modem so when we get light, or if we run the generator it's almost like I'm back home...glued to my computer and communicating with the world. Well, sort of.

School ended officially on Wednesday - those last few days were very busy with lots of paperwork and procrastination. But now I'm a free agent. Until Monday, that is, ,which is when I will be under a self-imposed lockdown to get things kick started with my research. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about it. Thus, procrastination abounds! But after this weekend (when I'm taking a little break from all my other committments and starting to reboot my social life here in Sierra Leone which has been seriously lacking as of late) I will force myself to hit the tarmack (oh who are we kidding? I'll hit the road: the dirty, pocked with potholes, filled with water-because-it-hasn't-stopped-raining-for a week, dirt road - on a plus side we have lots of rain water! Yay for showers!) and track down some interviewing leads. I have 3 people lined up already and am hoping I can use those individuals to network more individuals...who will refer me to more individuals....and like a pebble hitting the water, my contacts will just ripple out, undendingly.

Uh, right.

Tonight: a pirate-themed party. I know. I can barely contain myself. I get to play DRESS UP! And let me tell you, I'm going to look very seafaring and rugged. I'm charging my camera as I type this. I always knew my knowledge of all the lyrics to "Pirates of Penzance" would come in handy....

"For I am a Pirate King (He is!)/ Hurrah for the Pirate King! /And it is, it is, a glorious thing to be a Pirate King....!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home