Tuesday, May 29, 2007

...how can I refuse?...

*ring* *ring*

"Hello Frances!"
"Hi, Emily, how are you?"
"Great, and you?"
"Just fine. [pause] I apologize for the short notice, but I'm calling to invite you to a dinner for Kim Campbell, the Right Honourable Kim Campbell, that I'm holding tonight. It's for young women, doing interesting things, and I thought you might like to come?"
"Kim Campbell? Wow! That's cool. Yes, I think so."
"You think so? I need to count plates."
"No, I mean, yes. Of course, I was just trying to rearrange my schedule in my head. I'd love to!"
"Great. That would be wonderful. It's at 7pm."
"Uh. Ok. Great. Sounds good. See you then!"
"Thanks."
"Well, thanks for inviting me."
"My pleasure."

*click*

Rumour is Prince Harry is coming to Freetown. He's my next dinner engagement (save my dinner with Meghan on Friday. You may not have heard of her, but she's kind of a big deal).

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger T said...

so how did dinner go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home