Monday, July 02, 2007

...parting is such sweet sorrow...

I feel as though I've written that subject heading before...Hanneke leaves today (again). Today is the last day of Hanneke's visit here - it has been really great having her back and made me realise just how much I really missed her! Maybe I can travel to the Netherlands....one day?

*sigh*

And it's raining...what do they call that? Sympathetic fallacy? Or is it Pathetic fallacy? I can never remember. At any rate, today was a bit of a write-off. I had planned to interview someone this morning but since it was pouring, he 'wasn't feeling well.' I have to reschedule obviously...to a day where there is less rain. I was also planning on going to see someone at The Campaign for Good Governance in the afternoon and also drop into The Centre For the Promotion of Peace and Justice (an NGO started by former RUF/CDF soldier), but both of those plans have fallen by the wayside. When it rains...it pours. Ha.

So, since I was more house-bound today, I did manage to completely reorangize my room. It was very cathartic. I sorted out things I wanted to give away, threw out a whole mass of papers and junk and packed three small boxes for Gwen's father to take back to the US and mail to me. I think that will be cheaper than paying excess baggage fees. All in all, I think it was productive. I'll feel even better if tomorrow I can do all the things I didn't get to today!

Here's hoping for some blue(er) skies.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey emily

it rained here yesterday - we desperately needed the rain as we have had one of the dryest junes on record. i do hope the rain lets up enough for you to find people to interview!

your blog is great - i have enjoyed reading it. i hope to see you sometime in toronto!

love, peggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home