Wednesday, October 25, 2006

...ewww!...Emily....That's gross!!...


Ok, nobody panic. No, I'm not turning into an blood-sucking vampire (although, sometimes that idea does appeal to me), but I did have strep throat for most of last week. Don't worry, after 4 days the Amoxicilin finally kicked in. I'm not sure why it took so long...either it was a really bad infection (yipee!!) or maybe it was because the antibiotics only cost me about $2.75 for 10 days worth of pills. I'm feeling much better now, and relieved that I am not, in fact, dying.

Isn't that picture disgusting. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. I couldn't sleep last Wednesday night so I took multiple shots of my throat. I figured I could capture the moment for all of you. What? Don't tell me you don't appreciate it...

So next week is "Halloween Week" at school. We had a student council meeting about what activities we could do...I realised I'm really not that creative. In fact, I can't even think of a good costume. Nothing can top the Oompa Loompa of last year...and I'm feeling like straying away from the typical elf-fairy-munchkin combinations I usually fall into. Any suggestions??

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger T said...

The scary thing is...I can totally see you get up in the middle of the night...grab your camera and take that crazy picture.

The oompa loompa was awesome last year...the story behind it was even better. Maybe you should go for that blood sucking vampire...you sure can play the part.

T

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily!!! Well, at least you said that your throat is better so you won't be showing us that again. I hope that you are generally well in fact! How hard was it to see a MD when you got sick? This is important information for when we try to convince parents to let us take their kids there!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey Mick,

I didn't see an MD but I would have been able to see one if I had needed to. There are a couple of foreign-trained doctors who work here and who I would be able to get ahold of through contacts at the school. Antibiotics and other meds are pretty easy to pick up (without a prescription too!) at most "pharmacies." Sometimes you get a choice of where the medicine is manufactured - China, Germany, etc.

So how're plans for the trip in March shaping up?? I've been scouting out places where the group could stay...

Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home