Monday, October 02, 2006

...I always did like my authentic ethnic foods...

Here am I...eating a shawarma in Mahmood's shop near PZ on Wilberforce Street, just off of Siaka Stevens Street in the heart of downtown Freetown. Looks civilized, doesn't it?


Pictures...I meant to post more today, but something must have gone awry when I was burning the CD with the photos on it. I'll try copying them again and I'll add some photos from the weekend. Hanneke and I went to Lakka - it's a beach on the outskirts of Freetown. There's a bit of a tourist site there with a restaurant, some beach houses, a pool (if you get tired of battling the waves) and a miles of sand.


THIS IS HANNEKE - I live with her. We also have lots of adventures together. She has uber-blonde hair and bright blue eyes, the epitome of a dutch girl. I haven't found her hiding any clogs under her bed yet though. Trust me, I've looked. Below is a picture of Hanneke with our friend MAHMOOD. We all spend a good chunk of time together on the weekends.

This is Heleen, my other "housemate." Technically speaking, Heleen lives in an apartment next door to me, but we live on the same compound and often eat dinner together. When Heleen's gas stove was broken, she would come over to use ours...it was like she never moved out of the big house (she used to live where I do). Heleen has been in Salone for over 3 years.

Well folks, that's all for now. I'll see what I can do about some more photos. It's hard to keep my computer and my camera charged (not to mention my cell phone!) when there's no light/electricity.

Gotta love "black out..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home