Monday, August 28, 2006

...Sunday in Salone...

On Sunday I was able to reconnect with my friend Adama and her family. I met Adama when I first came to Freetown in 2005 and we seemed to 'click' fairly well (cultural and language barriers aside). She is a qualified nurse and practices in the city. It was fantastic to see her and to finally talk with someone (closer t0) my age and a woman! I have a photo I will try to post tomorrow. The internet connection is slow today (it's a satelite connection and tends to be sluggish if it's cloudy out...go figure). It was also good to see Alfred, Adama's nephew who is my age but completing his final year of secondary school now because his schooling was interupted because of the war. Overall, a fantastic day, although it felt a little bit surreal to be back in the city at the same apartment I'd visited a year and a half ago.

They're repainting the school at the moment and the fumes are making me feel ill. I'm hoping to post again soon!

Apparently, I can receive text messages on my phone from as far away as New Zealand (thanks, Jen!...*hint*hint*).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home