Monday, August 14, 2006

...an experiement born of necessity...



"Frome anywhere...to anyone."
At least that's what Canada Post claims. I'm going to test how accurate that statement truly is. Yesterday I mailed off some excess baggage to the school address I posted in my last blog. I just couldn't get the things I mailed to fit into my baggage amid the weight restrictions, and I figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if they went 'missing.' I'm viewing it as a small sacrifice for the advancement of science. (The experiment in this case being whether or not Canada Post can really deliver on it's above claim). Being that it is a true experiment, I tried to cover all of the variables that I could - I sent one package by air mail and the other by ground service, I packaged them in bubble wrap, and I clearly labeled the packing slip. It cost me $27.55 to ship 0.632 kgs. (1.4pds) by air. It cost an additional $12.10 to ship 0.51 kgs. (1.12 pds.) of "shtuff" by ground.

Is the investment worth it? Will the packages ever arrive? What was in the packages? How long did it really take?

Stay tuned for the answers to these and other gripping questions soon.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

educational and exciting...two for the price of one!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Riveting, I know. I do try hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home