Sunday, August 20, 2006

...from there to here...

Just a quick note to let you know that I arrived safe and sound in Freetown. It's been a fairly busy couple of days, meeting my principal, moving to a new apartment, shopping for groceries, meeting my new potential housemates (because I have to move apartments again in a few weeks), riding in a cab by myself for the first time alone, cleaning the new apartment (lots of spiders, lots of spider eggs...) and just generally trying to get a handle on life here.

My flights were fairly uneventful - a pleasant surprise seeing as how Heathrow could have been a nightmare, and my luggage could have easily been 'misplaced' en route. I arrived in Freetown around 11:30pm local time and was asleep soon thereafter (having first put up my mosquito net, of course!)

I will do my best to update again soon. I'm not sure when I'll be able to load pictures, but I'll work on it! If you have written me an email, I'll be getting back to you as soon as I can, but internet access is limited.

In other news: it's raining. Hooray for rainy season.

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily...

Glad to see that you arrived safely...with your luggage you left with! Yikes about the spiders---

Happy settling..and figuring out where things are..... and I can't wait to continue to read about your adventures---I'm glad one of us is having one right now--even tho I'm a tad jealous it's you and not me!!!

cheers! Sarah

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you got there safe! I'm a bit jealous as well, although not so much about the spider eggs. :) Can't wait for pictures!
Cheers,
Caroline

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hahaha...the spider eggs are nothing! Currently, I have termites in my ceiling (they make debris fall on my bed), a huge crunchy bug in my classroom (I killed it with a bucket), and iddy biddy ants in the kitchen (I keep them at bay with windex!) All party of the experience...

Yay for bugs!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Part...I mean, part of the experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home