Tuesday, September 26, 2006

...I love the rainy season...

It rained most of the day on Sunday. It rained all day on Monday. I needed a change of clothes when I got to school in the morning. I only had an extra shirt.

My knapsack is growing mold.

My money belt is growing mold.

I'm not sure, but I might be molding too. I'll get back to you...

Despite the rain, I managed to make it out to an interesting service on Sunday morning. It was an "Africana" service at a church in Brookfield - the service celebrated all of the different tribes represented in the church (Temne, Mende, Limba, Krio, Madingo, etc...) and each group told a story from their culture and performed a short musical presentation. Amazingly, the sermon was only 15 minutes long. It was a neat experience. It's too bad that I forgot to bring my camera. I've got to start carrying it around with me more places!

In other news: Did you know that it's October this weekend???!!! Where did September go?

I must be having fun!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

Sounds great (and a little bit drippy). Now which part of the Sunday service was the "neat experience" the performances or the fact that a preacher only spoke for 15 minutes? Good luck with your mold issues!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger T said...

15 minutes? That's unheard of...even when a pastor says, 'oh i'll just have a 10 minutes devotion...'

45 minutes later...

yes it's October soon...then November, then Christmas...time is flying by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home