Wednesday, October 04, 2006

...It's a MIRACLE!!...

(the view at dusk from my apartment)

Well friends, the moment you've all been waiting for with baited breath has arrived....

MY PACKAGES MADE IT TO SIERRA LEONE!!

I'm fairly certain it's a miracle. Not only did my air mail package reach me, but so did the one that I sent by land (at the same time as the one by air, mind you...grrr...so why did I pay more?) and as a special bonus, the post office even threw in the package my sister mailed on September 12th. It took less than a month for it to get here. (it cost a small fortune...but I appreciate it!)

So what was in the packages?? (drum roll please....)

In package 'A' we have SHOES! Huzzah! What a girl always wants and needs...more shoes!

In package 'B'...makeup! Hahahaha...I bought it before I left to give as presents around Christmas time. I think I'll have to keep it in the fridge so it doesn't melt...good times.

And finally, because my sister is close to a godess, my third package has coffee, sunscreen, gum, tea, swiss chalet dipping sauce (gotta love that!), and Dove soap. *sigh* I am one happy adventurer.

I had to pay something like $10 here to receive the packages, but I think that's a small price to pay for getting some novelties from home...so people...start mailing!!!

The packages came at the right time too...I left my keys at home for the third time since I've been here and I'm locked out of my house. I really need to get another set made and keep them at school. Either that, or I need to get another brain. I hear they're selling those on the black market nowadays (kidding).

I'm going home to make coffee.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth said...

Hey Em,
Yes, I am alive and well. Heather and Todd are married now. September 2nd :) I'm glad that all your packages arrived safety and I quite enjoy reading your blogs. I will try to update soon ;)
Much love,
Sarah <><

 

Post a Comment

<< Home