Tuesday, October 03, 2006

...a picture is worth a thousand words...

I don't have to write any words, because I'm already using thousands upon thousands with all of these photos.

What a cop-out.



So this the "Wall of Fame" I was talking about a number of postings ago...if you're not up here, either I don't have a picture of you, or your picture is stuck to the wall above my bed. :)

This here's the gang from dinner last friday night. Much hilarity and good eats were had by all. Top row, left to right: Kadi, Sylvanus, Mahmood, Adama, Aroun, Hanneke. Justin (one of the teachers I work with) is sitting in the chair.
Ok, so this picture above doesn't really show the extent to which hilarity was experienced...I swear this was one of the few breaks in laughter that evening. (Fine. Don't believe me.)

Ah ha! See! Who wouldn't laugh along with Adama. I know I did. :)

Finally, what night would be complete without a little bit of foolishness? I suppose this gives a new meaning to the word "pumpkin head." The lights over our dinner table are creatively shaded by hollowed out calabash shells (a very large gourd). More typically, calabash shells are used as large serving bowls rather than lampshades.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabash - I'm not writing an essay, so therefore, I can use Wikipedia as a reliable source for information. Shhhhh! Don't tell my students...) Creativity thrives at 8 Scan Drive...


4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yay! I found you on the intarwebs again!

I don't see any me on that wall of fame. There's trouble a-brewin' let me tell you.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger T said...

I updated my blog...twice in the last 14 hours...take that!!

wikipedia has got to be one of the best sites out there...love the concept.

Did you save me any of your shawarma?

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Ryan, you're a ninny. You're in the photo on the right-hand side third down from the top (pretty much in the middle).

So there. :P

Say 'hi' to Becca for me.
*******************************
Titus, no I didn't save you any shawarma. Next time... I'll get to reading your blog this afternoon.

Miss you both.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Emily said...

er...make that the right hand side...my right, your left...? Anyway, you're there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home