Tuesday, November 21, 2006

...A short week because it's American Thanksgiving and we don't have school on Thursday and Friday!...

Well, the weekend flew by in a blur of activity - Friday night was a b-day dinner for my fellow teacher Justin and then we went out dancing. Very fun. Hilarity ensued. Sadly, no pictures.

Saturday was a more quiet day at home - I spent it making some crafty Christmas cards. I was supposed to go to a "Canadian" party with people from the Special Court not too far from my house, but that plan didn't work out. I'm still a little bitter. Incidentally, if you want to email me with your address at home, I'll do my best to mail out something to you over the holidays! Saturday night was a party at the IMATT (International Military Advisory and Training Team) compound...I'm not going to lie, hanging out with a bunch of British soldiers is not exactly my idea of a good time...but I endured. Actually, I had some good conversations and enjoyed myself a good bit.

Sunday morning I went to a service run by the people from Mercy Ships International. It was small and informal but completely lacked any music whatsoever - definitely a negative aspect - but it was nice to talk and bounce around some ideas. Sunday afternoon I napped and then we went and sat on the beach at Lumley. Hanneke and I grabbed dinner at a restaurant called "Angel's Delight" and then caught a taxi home. This particular taxi had a stuffed Koala doll dressed in a clown suit hanging from its interior light. I almost felt like I was reliving my childhood (I had an impressive Koala bear collection back in the day...jealous, aren't you?) The stuffed Koala pales in comparison to the giant pink (possibly once red, which I believe would make it "Po?") Teletubby jammed out of the sunroof of a Mercedes I saw while walking along the beach road. Honestly, I need to carry my camera around with me more.

We haven't had light at the house for almost two weeks and now we've also run out of water. This makes both showering and downloading pictures difficult. Hence the lack of pictures for this post, and the smell (which you, thankfully, need not experience). Ok, I don't actually smell. But I could.

And you would never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home