Friday, November 10, 2006

...design diva...

Last Saturday I went to the "Big Market" to buy some "garra" (batik and tie-dye) cloth so that I could have some clothes made by a tailor here. I though y'all would like to see the sketches I made. Ok, maybe I'm just really proud of the sketches and am seeking laud and admiration. Whichever. Anyhow, the sketches are below. I have to go to the tailor on Saturday for a fitting to see what still needs to be altered. I'm planning on taking some photos of the actual clothing when I get it. I'm hoping it somewhat resembles what I asked for...it's always a gamble.

Fingers crossed!

I'm particularly excited about some pink and red (together, it's marvelous!) striped tie dye fabric I'm going to use to make pants and a halter top. I want to wear the fabulous hot pink pants when I teach my after-school drama class on Mondays (they begin next week). It's a toss up...am I more excited about the pants or the drama class...hmmm....oh yes, the blue-burgundy top will also be snazzy. They do not need to be worn together. I prefer not to send others into sensory overload.

Now, this outfit is tricky...it's a whole dress ensemble, but uses four very different prints that exist on a very complext batik print. If it turns out I'm hoping it will look pretty sweet!

Finally, I'm also excited about this green tunic-shirt. I've asked the tailor to "plant" it around the neckline, sleeves and bottom hem. "Planting" is that great embroidery you see on peasant-shirts and the like. Sometimes it can be really good, sometimes it can be disasterously awful. I'm hoping for the former. (Toes also crossed on this one).

And the answer is yes, I do plan to always stand with my hip sticking out. I do a good enough job of it already.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger T said...

are you're hands like that too? crazy destructo-death claws? wait...I like the spike one the ends of a couple of those arms without the opposable thumb


word verification:
urinu

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome - what fun! There's a reason why you and I get along - have you seen my paper fashions blog? Paper Fashions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home