Tuesday, December 12, 2006

...'Twas the week before Christmas Break...

...and all through the school, not a student was focused, not even at all!

But then again, neither am I, so really, how can I blame them? I can't wait for Friday! Not only that, but I can't believe how quickly time has passed. I have almost been here for 4 months!

Christmas holidays do come with a price, however. I have to finish my ethics application for my thesis research (hmmm....right...) and I need to plan some units for next term as well. Actually, I'm looking forward to next term, I'm having the school order some documentaries and DVDs on Joan of Arc, the Salem Witch Trials and "The Crucible." I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty stoked! Plus, I'm going to be teaching a unit on religion - specifically looking at the "top 5" - Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism. Ooooohhhh, and to top it all off, I just asked if I could teach some "health education" to my students so I'm pulling together a 'comprehensive' unit on that. I know, it's kind of sad what gets me excited...

Highlights from the weekend: my first trip to Burreh Beach which is, of course, beautiful. No pictures, I forgot my camera. Also, Justin hosted dinner on Saturday night - we had Tacos! I swear I haven't had tacos since my days with CITC...mmmm...good times. We were supposed to watch "Love Actually" as well, but my 'American' DVD wouldn't work in a UK machine. Stupid compatibility. We're going to try again this weekend (with another dvd player, obviously). Hopefully it will get us in a more "festive" mood. It doesn't feel like Christmas around here.

Other things to look forward to this week:

1. Movie Night tonight at Mamba Point - we're watching "Whale Rider"
2. Carol Service and Reception at British High Commission on Thursday night (I've got an 'in' at the Commission)
3. the end of school (noon on Friday!)
4. Actually watching "Love, Actually." On Saturday, actually.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well It's the day before Christmas here...and there...except you're just a few hours closer to it then I. When you get there...remember to wrap yourself up in you're arms...pretend they are mine...and wish yourself a merry Christmas from me.

Dale

P.S. I'm sure everyone else feels the same way for you today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home