Monday, February 12, 2007

...warm fuzzies...


"I'll trade you Snowball for a Canadian dime!"


With an offer like that, how can I refuse?


Valentine's Day is on Wednesday, but I'm sure all you love-birds know that already. Being the crafty-teacher in residence, I have set about making Valentine's Day cards-with-a-twist with my students. This year they're not making the typical "Will You Be Mine?" Valentines...no...this year they're making Warm Fuzzies. Say what? Here is what I told the kids:


WHAT ARE “WARM FUZZIES?”

Warm Fuzzies are nice things you can say about other people that make them feel ‘warm and fuzzy’ inside. If I tell you that you have a very giving nature, you might feel warm and fuzzy and I will have suceeded in giving you a ‘Warm Fuzzy.’ You can give Warm Fuzzies to other people by saying nice things about them, or telling someone something you have appreciated or notices about them. Warm Fuzzies are always positive and make someone feel good about themself.


They, like you, were stoked to make their own warm fuzzies, let me tell you! Behold, a warm fuzzy farm:

Uh huh. That's right. This is how I teach my students about love. Aren't they freakishly-cute looking? A word of warning, however - DON'T FEED THE WARM FUZZIES AFTER MIDNIGHT. If you lived in the 1980s you'll understand the gravity of the situation.

And for those of you who are wondering, Snowball is the white Warm Fuzzy with one giant googly eye and one iddy-biddy googly eye on the left. Snowball lives inside my student's desk in a red construction paper 'hut' he created on Friday. It's held up by an extra pencil. Snowball + small red hut = worth the investment, wouldn't you agree?

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Theyu are really cute ... and far better than exclusivity of traditional valentines. And a warm fuzzy for you ... I miss you in Halifax! This city is not the same without your witty sarcasm that always made me smile!

Happy Valentines day!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Debi and Kitch said...

I say Happy Valentines as well. Great idea. Thank you as well for your musical thoughts last week. I still dont know exactly what play i'm doing but you know...
Having fun teaching english and drama in toronto.
Miss you.
J

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I think my own Grade 9 "Warm Fuzzy" experience would have been improved by an actual warm fuzzy... instead, I sort of remember that the mean kid in class told me that my hair looked great, like two days after the worst haircut ever ... Happy Valentine's Day!! :) XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home