Monday, January 22, 2007

...death of a snowman...

*phew* Alright, I have been trying to post this photo series for WEEKS (literally) and have run into load of problems. First I took forever to download my photos on to my computer from my camera, then I kept forgetting to save them onto a disc to take to school, then, when I finally burned them on a disc the disc was corrupted, then when I had a good copy of the photos, I didn't have time to post them because I was kicked off the computer (story of my life around here). SOOOOOO....the waiting is over now. Let me explain the photos.

My parents sent me two Christmas packages in advance of Christmas with instructions not to open them before Christmas. To my credit, I waited. Inside one of the packages was 'Frosty' the nicest snowman-candle you'd ever seen. I was pleased. I set about creating a festive centre piece for the Christmas table and put Frosty in the place of honour in the middle of the cedar branches. He burned brightly and steadily all through our meal. And then he was gone. This is the chronicle of his short, but bright, life. I hope you enjoy it as I did. He added a brightness that no one will be able to replace.

Cue the music: "Floating Through the Air" by Erik Satie.

Thanks, Mum.




2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful centerpiece, Emily. However, I can't quite shake the feeling that it's gross to be burning things meant to, in some ways at least, represent human beings on your dinner table. :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm sadistic like that, what can I say?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home