Wednesday, December 27, 2006

...so this is christmas...

and what have I done? well....

we had a 'block' party for the kids in our community. here are some pics...we played "dog, dog, pus" (an African adaptation of "Duck, Duck, Goose") and "What time is it, Mr. Wolf." (How mus o'clock, mista wolf?).
Heleen read the Christmas story and then the kids got to colour in a picture....we also made paper chains and ate some food while listening to my aptly named "cheesy and fun christmas" music.
Oh yes, I wanted to share this picture of a small girl in heels (not me). She's like, 3 maybe? Whoa. Plus, she can dance better than me. I feel so inadequate...
I also moved rooms...I felt that enough time had passed after Hanneke left and then I took over her old room. I needed to give the room some space. I do like what I've done with the place. Have a look.

I love this keyboard. It helps to keep me sane.

I spent most of last week working on the Ethics Proposal I need to complete for the research I intend to do this coming summer. It's riveting work, really. In between, I found time to decorate my friend Kevin's apartment with festive lights... it's a bird apparently.


More Christmasey photos to follow...I just haven't uploaded and saved them yet. On Saturday night we had a gathering at Kevin's apartment and hilarity ensued. It was a good time (thanks, Kev!) Then on Sunday, my friend Meghan came over and we decorated the 'tree' that Janet and Suliman had put together. Wait until you see it...I was so impressed. (and that means a lot) On Monday we made Thai food (delicious!) and had some folks over for dinner. All 'round, it was the least stressful Christmas I've ever had in my life. I did miss the Christmasey things of home, though...and family and friends. Thanks for keeping in touch. You all mean a lot to me.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Debi and Kitch said...

Well I have arrived back in canada just in time for christmas. cant believe my adventure is over already. Merry belated christmas and all the best for a fabulous 2007 full of adventures.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger T said...

hey Em...glad to have talked to you on Christmas Eve...have a great New Years!!

love ya

T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home